This article deals indepth of the true and raw power of ballpoint artworks. You can see my ballpoint pen artworks in the order of unicoler,dual color and multicolor ballpoint pen artworks. unicolor artworks deals with usage of only one ballpen which may be mostly black,red and blue.Dual color deals with black and red.Multicolor sketches use different colors avaliab le in market.I use normal ballpoint pens which costs from 5Rs to 10rs each.
Sunday, 18 January 2015
This time I had come up with a brief on how to draw with ballpointpen artworks. Like many of you, I too stumbled at ball point artworks at one point of time when I was in love with graphite and charcoal artworks. But as soon as I explore more into ball point artworks, the raw power of ballpoint artworks lured me towards it. Then I joined many fellow ball point art social networking pages and learned a lot. Practice makes a man perfect – This proverb aptly fits this medium of artwork. I take this opportunity to all friends especially Rathi Biswas, Jerry stith(The ball point legend), Karen Hull, Jane mam, Ester roi mam who consistently supported me to grow as an artist.
There are many ways to attain texture but I follow cross hatching technique and uni-directional sketching which is my favorite of all. In this blog, I will show you on how to attain good tone and texture on your artwork. Following artwork was made by using only two pens(Red and black).
In this above artwork, you can see that I had used cross hatching to attain the texture but the secret lies how you approach it. In ball point artworks, especially in portraiture, go in step by step manner so that you don’t make any mistakes.
- If you get the outline right you can pull the realism in later steps.
- So the most important thing is to attain the structure and position of parts.
- Always start with the lighter tone. i.e Give little pressure to the paper.
- Observation is the key to succeed in your artwork. Note down the lighter areas and finish it all.
- Your stroke of pen is very important. Go on over and over again on places where you want to attain darker tone.
- Now use black pen to give darker tones on shadow parts.
- Leave the white space to give a reflecting effect. Be patience. Go on over and over again to attain the result. Confidence plays a main role in doing ballpoint artworks.Practice more and you will be blown away by the result.
Following is an step by step procedure to approach ballpointpen sketching. Hope you enjoy it.
Tuesday, 22 July 2014
This is my second blog which features great artists around the world and young promising artists from India who love and live with passion for artworks. So I dedicate this blog to all the passionate lovers of art world.
Note: All the artworks featured has been the real soul for the artists and please be sure to respect and recognize them. All artworks were creations by artists and they own its license. So stop art theft and voice your support against ART THEFT.
First on the list is my favorite artist- Kelly Walford who now resides at Taupo, New Zealand who has a special affinity towards animals amd especially an undying love for horses. She is very talented in bringing life to art and a specialist in fine detailing. One word to describe her- HORSE LOVER.
Kelly Walford: FB Profile and Artworks
Second on the list is Anthony Wickens who is also an expert in sketching animal portraits who love dogs to the core. He has been drawing and sketching for the past 6 years and his artworks were concentrated on pet portraits. Though he has no formal training in art, he enhanced his skill with his consistent passion towards art.
Dogs never bite me- just humans : Marilyn Manroe
Anthony Wicken: Art Page
Now it’s turn to introduce India’s upcoming youngsters who looks promising by mesmerizing us with their beautiful artworks. So are you ready for encouraging youngsters?
1) Ankith Ak who resides at Trivandrum, Kerala who has different shades of interest in artworks. He tried his hands on 3D artworks, inverted art and a good realistic artworks. He is a man with so much of passion for artworks and a kind hearted by nature. Enjoy his artworks without any distraction.
Everything that is made beautiful and fair and lovely is made for the eye of one who sees.- Rumi.
Ankith: FB Profile and Artworks
2) Rathi Biswas- I had already featured him on my previous blog but this time it’s so special. I am doing it for his great passion for BALLPEN ART that amazed me. He is noted for his realistic and fine detailed artworks. He has patience and love for artwork which makes his artworks splendid.
“Life's not about how hard of a hit you can give... it's about how many you can take, and still keep moving forward.” - Sylvester Stallone
Rathi Biswas:Art Page
3) Nithosh Joseph- A fine color pencil artist who resides at Ernakulam, Kerala who fascinates us with his beautiful celebrity color pencil portraits. His artworks speaks for himself and he gives life to his artworks through colors.
I'm crazy and I don't pretend to be anything else.-Rihanna
Nithosh Joseph: FB Profile and Artworks
3) Bibin Thankachan- He currently resides at Kochi, Kerala who has a real love for pencils.He is studying in RLV college of music and fine arts. His artworks were so beautiful and realistic portraiture is his special.
I would have probably stolen cars - it would have given me the same adrenaline rush as racing. -Valentino Rossi
Bibin Thankachan:Art Page
4) Sai Chanakya who currently resides at Hyderabad, Andra Pradesh has been a real sketcher. Who enthralls his friends with his beautiful artworks and he is very handy in face painting too. He has a unique style of art which makes his artworks so special.
I've always wanted to race cars, ever since I was a young boy, as I think a lot of guys have
Sai Chanakya: Art Page
5) Last but not least is Mr. K. Vijaykumar who is a very passionate about his pencil artworks and taken portraiture as his quest. He take assignments for pencil portraiture and finish it with ease.
K vijay kumar: Art Page
Thanks for all the artists who gave me permission to share their artworks. If you want to check their artworks, Click the link provided under their artworks.